Monday, May 10, 2010

A Special Moment

The original thought behind this blog was to keep track of FUNNY things my kids do. In thinking about things that happen on a daily basis, I have decided that it would be nice to include sweet moments as well...the kind that I will read someday and say, "Awwww, I remember that! I loved it!" So here is a special moment that I don't want to forget. It's not anything particularly exciting or even out of the ordinary, just something I want to keep in my memory...

This morning I awoke to see that the clock said 5:50. Ugh, I thought...Monday. I have 5 more minutes to sleep. Suddenly, I saw our bedroom door open and in walks little Maggie rubbing her eyes and with crazy hair. Mark lifted her up onto the bed between us and she immediately snuggled right in next to me. Man, her breath stunk TERRIBLE, but I didn't care. I just snuggled back with her, set the alarm for 10 more minutes and enjoyed our time together "snuggling" as she would say before my day began. I know times like this will end soon...I mean, I suppose when she's 16 I will be glad she's not crawling in bed with us...but I want to remember those everyday little things that someday will no longer be.

No comments:

Post a Comment