Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Naughty Little Girl

After last night's events with our precious Maggie Poo, I have decided that I WILL take her doctor's advice and read "1,2,3 Magic" for parents with strong willed children.


Nicholas and Maggie were playing a game while Mark and I put laundry away last night. I told them that they had a few more minutes and we were going to put the game away so we could get ready for bed. When the time came, Maggie threw the mother of all temper tantrums. She began to swing at me so I took her into her room for time out. As I was carrying her she pulled my hair, pinched me, and hit and kicked me. Seriously child! She is three!!! So I put her on her bed and told her to stay there until I came back for her. She yelled, "I'm not stayin here, I'm getting down!" That was when Mark stepped in. He threatened to give her a thump (a little flick on the hand) and she still wasn't cooperating. At this point I took Nicholas into his room because he was crying. He does NOT like it when she gets in trouble. I calmed him down and we both listened to what Maggie and Mark were saying. She was yelling and crying so I couldn't hear all of what Mark was saying but I did hear the word "thump." Maggie screamed, "I LIKE IT!!! THAT DOESN'T HURT, I LIKE IT!!! SEE, I'M LAUGHING DADDY, I LIKE IT!!" Oh....my....gosh. I would have been laughing hysterically!!! But I knew it just fueled Mark's fire. He was very unhappy, to say the least. :) Soon, Mark came into Nicholas' room fuming. He said, "She needs to stay in time out." So we left her be and let her calm down a little bit. I went in next and I talked to her about how some mommies and daddies would spank their kids if they were acting like that. I explained that spanking was when daddy (notice I said daddy!) would pull your pants down a little and smack your bottom. I also said, "It will hurt." She started to cry a little bit and then quickly changed it to, "I'm not crying, I"m laughing!! I'm laughing...haha ha ha ha...I'm laughing!" Seriously, where did this child come from??? Needless to say, I am going to pull that "1,2,3 Magic" book out tomorrow and read it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment