Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discoveries

So last night I was getting ready to get Nicholas in the bath tub. He was in our room yelling for me, so I went in to see what he was doing. There he sat....naked....squating on the floor. I told him that he needed to get up because that was gross. He looked at me as he was squeezing his "privacy" and he said, "What's in there?" I said, "What?" He grabbed his testicles (I HATE that word) and said, "In here,what is that in there?" I held back a laugh and tried to choose my words carefully. I wasn't sure whether to tell him the real word or come up with some other word to describe "them." I couldn't say, "Those are your balls...or that's your sack." So I went with the proper word. I said, "Those are your testicles." He got a huge smile on his face and said, "TESTICLES?!" He giggled his funny little giggle and said, "Poke right through your TESTICLES!" I'm not sure what this meant, nor did he. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to say the word again. I couldn't hold back my laugh which made him giggle more. I just went on talking about something else and he seemed to forget about it. I just know that one of these days he is going to say that word at the most inopportune time!

No comments:

Post a Comment