Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Kissing Hand & Other Funnies


The other day Mark and I were going to a Cubs game with some friends. Our plan was to leave around 9:30 in the morning so I was planning to take Nicholas to pre-school before we left. I was really excited about it because I never get to take him since I work. So we were in the pre-school line waiting to drop off when Nicholas started recognizig people in the pre-school line. Pete and Macie Swinehart pulled up. Usually Pete's wife, Kelly, takes Nicholas to school so he and Macie know each other pretty well. When he saw them pull up he said, "OH! Macie got a really, really, really pretty, pretty haircut!" He said it in "his voice." :) Then he looked at Pete and said, "He got bald hair." :) I love how honest he is! Funny thing is that Macie didn't have a haircut at all. After Nicholas got out of the car, I said to Maggie, "Oh no! I didn't get to give Nicholas a smootch!" She thought about that for a minute and said, "I have an idea! Why don't you give me the kissing hand and then I'll give it to Nicholas when he gets home!" I melted. How in the world did she come up with this idea??? How did she turn out so incredibly sweet? So I gave her a kissing hand on each hand when we got home. Of course, she immediately wiped both of them off. That is my Maggie. I told her that no matter where she wiped them they wouldn't wipe off. She just grinned. I didn't get to see her give the kissing hand to him but Colleen told me she did when they got to her house. I love how much she loves her big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment