Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Questions About God

We were at the dinner table tonight talking and Mark said, "Oh, Nicholas asked me today which was farther, China or Heaven?" We laughed about this and I joked, "I don't know...it's close." Mark said, "Heaven isn't a place that you go to. It's a place where you go when you aren't living anymore." (He was avoiding the words, 'dead.') Nicholas looked puzzled so I said, "Well, look at those flowers on the table. See how they aren't alive anymore? They are still there but they aren't alive. When they aren't alive..." he finished, "they go to Heaven?" I said, "Yeah, sort of!" I know this was a really terrible way to explain what Heaven is but it was the only thing I could think of that MIGHT make some sense to him. He thought for a minute and said, "Remember though, Heaven is by Milwaukee!" All Mark and I could do at that point was laugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment