Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yet Another Obvious Moment from Nicholas


As I begin to write this story, I am already laughing to myself. Last night Mark and Nicholas went to the Concord basketball game. This story was something that happened awhile ago but the fact that they went reminded me of this funny story.

Our family was at the basketball game not long ago. Some friends of ours (we'll call them Bob and Susie) were sitting up a few rows from us. When Maggie and I went to get a sucker at half time, Nicholas was sitting right in between them while Mark was still in our seats. He was having a great time with these two. I had no idea what they were talking about up there, but I figured it was fine. They all seemed to be laughing and having a good time.

Later that night at bedtime I said to Nicholas, "Did you have fun at the game tonight honey?" He said, "Yeah!" I said, "Did you have fun sitting with Bob?" He said, "Yeah!" And then there was a long thoughtful pause...he looked up at me with big eyes and said, "He has REALLY big teeth!" For a second I wanted to agree with him but a thought struck me..."Did ya tell him that?" I asked. Without hesitation Nicholas replied, "Yeah!" Mr. Obvious strikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment