Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Daughter is from New Jersey

Maggie talks like she is from Jersey. I don't ever want to forget this stage because I know how much entertainment we get from listening to her talk now. We'll even purposely have her say something just to giggle a little bit. I know, it's mean but it's so darn cute. When she talks if the word has an er sound in it, she makes it an "oy" sound. So purple, is poyple and Barbie is Boybie. My sister Colleen will occassionally text me and say, "Have Maggie say this..." and we both start laughing because we can hear her saying it. Yesterday Colleen had her say "Worship the Lord" (this was after the "Does God have a dog" discussion) . She said, "Woyship the Loyd." We also like to hear her say "corn kernel." This, in Maggie's language, is "coin koinel." Ha ha ha! I am laughing just thinking about it! Soon she will talk just like everyone else so I just want to always remember how cute and funny she was with her Jersey accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment