Friday, January 22, 2010

Mom...


I am sitting at the kitchen table trying to pay some bills. Maggie is INSISTENT on having a tea party in the living room and she desperately wants me to play. I tried to encourage her to play tea party with Nicholas in her room but Nicholas is busy playing police man/construction worker (he would love the Village People). So Mags is out here and has her whole teaset set up on the floor and she has not stopped talking for a SECOND. She keeps asking me things like, "Mom, do you want salt on your tea? Would you like ice cream too? I think Kasey is coming to the tea party. She's here right now, you wanna go see her? Mom, you wanna go see her? Today? She's here. Mom, you wanna go see Kasey? You wanna go see Kasey cuz I'm cutting the watermelon. You can go see Kasey. Mom, you wanna go see her today? Mom, you want to go see her today on the picnic? Mom, do you wanna go see her today on the picnic? Mom, do you wanna go see her today on the picnic?" OH MY GOSH. That is not a joke! She said it that many times and as I write, she is continuing to ask if I want to go see Kasey. She will not stop asking for even a second if I don't answer right away. The talking is CONSTANT. It is so constant that the only thing I can do is laugh at her. She is like a wind up toy. I am unconciously answering her just so she will move on to the next question. Oh wait! Now she says, "Mom your foods ready! Your foods ready! Mom, you wanna come over here cuz your foods ready! Mom do you wanna come over here and eat? Mom do you wanna come over here and eat? Mom do you wanna come over here and eat?" I need to go. :)

1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up!!! I can just picture you typing in-time with her chatter. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete