Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Little Teachers

Today Nicholas decided he wanted to play school. I, of course, said YEAH! Let's play school! (I'm a teacher, what can I say?) So we did all these things to prepare for the school...we had to get pens, pencils, and markers. We had to get paper of all kinds and we had to put everything into a basket. He was also very specific about making some sequencing cards (he must have them in his classroom) about brushing your teeth and getting dressed. When all of this preparation was done, we had some leftover paper. Maggie thought it would be a good idea to make some "classroom rules signs." So I asked them what they should say. Right away Maggie said, "NO HITTING!" So I write it on the paper and on to the next one. Nicholas says, "NO BITING!" I thought, "Hmm...okay, I guess you really shouldn't bite at school. So I made the sign. We had two more pieces of paper left. Maggie says, "NO PICKING YOUR NOSE!" This made me laugh really hard...I guess she has heard me tell her not to pick her nose before. The final sign came from Nicholas..."NO ELBOWING." :) He said, "Just like in football!" I love that my kids wanted to play school today and I love that their classroom rules were only four simple things to remember:
1. No hitting.
2. No biting.
3. No picking your nose.
4. No elbowing.

If only it were all that simple. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment