Saturday, June 19, 2010

Safe!

Nicholas had a T-Ball game this afternoon. He LOVES it! In the last few games there have been a few kids who slide into home plate as they come in. We haven't so much as talked about sliding but the kids think it is really cool. Nicholas watches everyone intently at every ball game so it is really hard to know what he is thinking about any of it. I know he enjoys it, but as far as anything else he is thinking it is really hard to tell. He can be a mystery when it comes to his thoughts. Anyway, at this particular game we were all in the dugout cheering on our teammates as they were batting. Nicholas had his turn, hit the ball and got on first. Yay! We continued to watch the other batters as the runners made their way around the bases. Pretty soon it was Nicholas' turn to run home. He ran so hard and so fast, and then just before he touched home plate with his shoe he came to a dead stop, fell down on his knees and touched home plate with his foot. It was the funniest thing in the world! I wanted to just laugh hysterically but he looked up at me with this giant, proud smile on his face seeking my approval. I just yelled, "Good job buddy!! Way to go! Good slide!" He was SO proud as he walked into the dugout and showed me the dirt on his pants. (The dirt that was gone the minute he brushed it away.) It was the sweetest moment. I loved to see him so proud of something he had done. I could tell he felt like such an awesome baseball player.

No comments:

Post a Comment