Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gearin' Up for the Big Game

Nicholas is in his second year of T-Ball this summer. It has been so great for him this year. He is so much more confident and aggressive. It is a lot of fun to watch him out on the field. Aside from the fact that T-Ball is so much fun to watch, it is especially fun to watch him. After each game he says, "Who won???" We always say, "We won again buddy!!!" Even though we don't keep score.

The other day we were all getting ready for the game. I had just gotten out of the shower and was drying my hair. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nicholas on the bed making this painful face. I watched him for a minute and it really looked like he was in pain, like he was about to cry or something. I said, "Buddy, are you okay? What are you doing?" He looked at me with the most serious face and said, "Ah...I'm stretchin mom." He proceeded to show me how he was stretching. First he put his arm behind his head and stretched it out, then he put his legs out straight in front of him and stretched them out. It took everything in my power, I mean EVERYTHING, not to just bust out laughing. He was so serious. I couldn't just laugh at him. I was proud at how well I held it in. I simply said, "Oh, good idea. That's really important before a game." I waited about a minute before I ran into the living room and laughed about it to Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment