Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Good Fit

Maggie is a great fit thrower. She gets so upset so quickly (she most likely gets this from me) and reacts one of two ways: a loud scream paired with a hit, OR a really great comeback that is sure to severely hurt the other person's feelings (the other person being Mark or me). This particular day of fit throwing occurred at my sister Colleen's house. We were trying to leave her house and Maggie was enthralled with SOMETHING. I still do not quite remember what it was, but it was something of great importance to her. I gave her a few minutes to do "her thing" then gave her a one minute warning..."Maggie, in one more minute it will be time to go." After the one minute was up and it was time to go, I was faced with a pleading, "Just ONE more minute mommy, just ONE more." Finally, I just picked her up and headed toward the van. Oh, she didn't like that. She got so mad and out of pure anger she yelled, "I'm not going to cut down any more trees with you Mommy!!" How does one respond to this? Do I get angry and say, "Margaret Kathleen, do not say such mean things!" Or do I laugh out loud and say, "Oh no...that is really disappointing." I chose to laugh. I couldn't help it. Who comes up with things like that? I guess I'm the one who suffers though, because now I won't have anyone to help me cut down the Christmas tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment