Saturday, February 25, 2017

A Visit With Cousins

We are currently on our way home from a long Labor Day weekend in Milwaukee with Katie, Jimmy and the kids.  Katie and I decided that it would be fun to surprise her kids. They had no idea we were coming and it was so cute!! They all hugged and jumped up and down. The girls immediately took off to play. The boys weren't really sure what to do at first then soon entered into inseparable video game land together. We had a great time just hanging out and relaxing. When we left today my kids cried and cried and cried. I realized that I don't always think about how important these trips to Milwaukee are for all of us. It's so easy to get caught up in day to day life...my kids adore their cousins AND their aunt and uncle. Mark and I LOVE spending time with all of them as well. It is heartwarming to see that our children love to be with each other so much that it brings them to tears when we have to leave. Although it is always hard to leave, I am glad that they have such wonderful connections! I can't wait to see how these kids grow up together, cause trouble together and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment